TOTAL Service, Inc. is a full office products company and has been providing office solutions for area businesses and organizations for over four decades. TOTAL has gained respect over the years for its unmatched customer and technical service. The company was founded on an idea that is simple, to service each customer for the long-term, not just for the immediate need. This approach has been the foundation upon which TOTAL has built its business. Offering state of the art office equipment technology, the most advanced furniture systems and supply lines, coupled with unmatched customer service, factory trained, fast-response, certified service technicians and friendly next day delivery, TOTAL has become the premiere office supplier source in Westmoreland, Indiana, Fayette, Somerset and Cambria counties.
While many office products companies claim to be service-oriented and customer-driven, our name and philosophy challenges us to live up to that commitment everyday. We approach each project and office need from the customer’s point of view. Throughout the years we’ve discovered one other thing that makes us different from other suppliers, if we value and respect each customer, they value and respect us. This means that TOTAL clients are TOTAL clients for the long-term – and that makes for good business and growth all the way around.
Over four Decades of Service
Total Service is founded
Russell McElhaney, Sr. opens the door to Total Service, Inc. located on Pennsylvania Avenue, Greensburg, PA. Product lines included sales and service of Rex Rotary Mimeo Duplicators, S.C.M. Copiers and Typewriters, Remington Rand Typewriters, Brother Typewriters, Hermes and Teal Calculators, I.C.P. Copiers, Océ Plain Paper Copiers, Royal Typewriters, Copiers and Calculators and Canon PC Copiers. In addition to office machines and equipment, a complete line of office supplies and furniture, black and white copies and script-o-matic addressing plates were offered.
Two Decades of Accomplishments
- 1977 Gene McElhaney joins the company and is given the responsibility of the service department and learning and working in all aspects of the business.
- In 1980 TSI became an authorized dealer for Sanyo Copiers and Facsimiles offering both sales and service to a broad range of models.
- 1986 Total Service, Inc. expands, purchases building and moves its operations, offices and showroom to 1117 Ligonier Street in Latrobe, PA.
- In 1987 Total Service became an authorized dealer for Sharp Electronics Copiers & Facsimiles offering both sales and service to a complete line of models.
A Decade of Growth and Expansion
- In 1993 TSI purchased Basic Office Equipment (formerly Turner’s Office Equipment).
- In 1995 Gene McElhaney becomes President and co-owner along with wife Lori. New management and business philosophies are adopted.Investment in additional work force, employee training, schooling, company vehicles and product lines are made.
- In 1992 TSI is awarded the copier platinum status level for Sharp Electronics.This status means TSI has reached or has gone above 115% of its sales quota. This status has been held every year since 1992.
- In 1995 TSI is awarded the Sharp facsimile Focus Elite Award.
- In 1999 Gene McElhaney is nominated and elected to sit on Sharp Electronics, USA Dealer Council. This is only offered to a few selected dealers in the country. Having a seat on this board allows TSI the opportunity to voice its concerns, needs, etc… as well as other dealerships its size directly to the executive committee of Sharp Electronics.
The Area’s Single Source for the Total Office
- The millennium began with an increase and overall strengthening of market share. 2000 was a year of record sales and financial growth for the company.
- TSI enters the world of e-business and launches its new web site.
- TSI expands its product line and introduces a full line of color digital copying and duplicating. TSI introduces the full line of Sharp’s digital color copiers. All with networking capabilities to PC and Mac platforms.
- TSI opens a demonstration/full color digital-imaging center in its newly remodeled showroom.
- TSI is awarded the Sharp Electronics Hyakuman Kai Award for the third time. This is given to dealers who have achieved $1 million in combined copier and facsimile sales. This award was received for the years 2000-2001, 2007-2008 and 2008-2009.